ATTENTION: THE 2019 1890 National Scholarship Application Cycle is Now Open.
Application DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
This application is quite detailed and requires that all letters of recommendations be originally signed by the author. NO copies!!
You must sign the application prior to submission. You must affirmatively state in application essay that you want to be an agricultural professional and that you would like to have a future career with USDA.
This investment in you, student, is made with expectation that you will become a successful employee of US Department of Agriculture.
You have several areas of study to choose from as outlined in the application.
I would be happy to review your app prior to submission if you like.
For details on the program visit: https://www.outreach.usda.gov/education/1890/
The goal of the USDA/1890 National Scholars Program is to increase the number of minorities studying agriculture, food, natural resource sciences, and the related disciplines. National Scholars are required to study in the following or related disciplines.
To be eligible for the USDA/1890 National Scholars Program scholarship a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Have been accepted for admission or currently attending one of the nineteen 1890 Historically Black Land-Grant Universities.
- Study agriculture, food, natural resource sciences, or other related academic disciplines
- Demonstrate leadership and community service
- Submit an official transcript with the school seal and an authorized official's signature
- Submit a signed application (original signature only)
- Submit a signed application to at least three other HBCU college. They and their addresses are listed near the back of the application.
All application materials must be postmarked by
Wednesday, April 30, 2019, and sent to college/university shown in the real of the application: